Core committee (will) consist of representative of various public and professional groups and professional domains that either affect or are affected by nutritional care situation in Pakistan. Core committee can have up to 21 members who share the vision and mission of NFP and are willing to represent and link any particular group of people e.g. Nutritionists, Dietitians, Food scientists, Educators, Researchers, Media, Policy makers, Healthcare providers, Development stakeholders and Public. Initially, core committee is nominated by the chairperson and in future relevant task forces or organization would also be able to nominate members for core committee. The physical presence of all or any particular number of core committee members at any meetings is not essential if their required input could be availed through other means of communication. Initiation of any project would not require the agreement of majority but no project will be undertaken by NFP if is considered detrimental to the mission of NFP by the majority of core committee members or a majority of the trustees.
Role of core committee members
To enhance the potential of their relevant field in contributing to the enhancement nutrition security of people in Pakistan through any one or more of the following actions:
- To suggest ways of coordinating with relevant professionals and stakeholders if and when required.
- To share ideas about activities that could be steered by NFP to promote appropriate nutrition care in the relevant areas.
- To share updates about the potential of their relevant area in affecting nutrition care or nutrition status whole or certain sections of the population.
- To share ideas and concerns about activities be in undertaken by their relevant areas that could impact nutrition care of whole or certain sections of the population.
- To suggest links and sources get required technical expertise for any project or program.
1. Dr. Mubina Agboatwalla
Chairperson, Health Oriented and Preventative Education (HOPE)
2. Dr. Hajra Ahmad
Assistant Professor, Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad
3. Mr. Sabir Ahmed
Executive Director, College of Tourism & Hotel Management (COTHM) Karachi
4. Prof. Dr. Dure Samine Akram
Honorary Chairperson, Health, Education & Literacy Program ( HELP)
5. Dr. Nomeena Anis
Nutrition and Gender focal person, FAO Pakistan
6. Prof. Dr.Abdul Basit
Director, Baqai Institute of Diabetology and Endocrinology BIDE Karachi
7. Prof. Dr. Zulfiqar Bhutta
Director, Centre of Excellence in Women and Child Health, AKU Karachi
8. Dr. M Irshad Danish
Program Manager, SUN CSA, Pak & SUNAR, Pakistan
9. Ms. Erum Ghafoor
Senior Diabetes Educator, Baqai Institute of Diabetology & Endocrinology Karachi
10. Dr. Romaina Iqbal
Associate Professor, Aga Khan University Karachi
11. Prof. Durdana Kazi
Associate Professor, RLAK CHE Karachi
12. Prof. Dr. Shahana Urooj Kazmi
Rector Dadabohy University Karachi
13. Dr. Rezzan Khan
Consultant Nutritionist, Shifa International Hospital Islamabad
14. Ms. Rabia Manzoor
Senior Research Associate, Sustainable Development Policy Institute Pakistan
15. Prof. Dr. Parvez Paracha
Associate Secretary Nutrition Society of Pakistan Peshawar
16. Dr. Ghazala Rafique
Director, Human Development Programme, Aga Khan University
17. Dr. Musarrat Riaz
Endocrinologist, Baqai Institute of Diabetology & Endocrinology
18. Ms. Naheed Wasi
Director, Institute of Early Childhood Education and Development Karachi
19. Mr. Falak Zeb
Vice President, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Society of Nutrition and Dietetics – KPSND